Guftagu with Gulzar Saab
Registration confirmation will be emailed to you.
Leena Thakur09 217 3623
UPDATE: Please note that the doors open at 6:15 and the show will start at sharp 7 pm.
An unforgettable and mesmerising evening of Guftagu with the century’s biggest living legend – Gulzar Saab. This Guftagu will be curated by Salim Arif. Singing performances will be given by the young Youtube sensation from Auckland Avish Sharma, Shweta and Umesh Sharma who will sing Gulzar Saab’s songs.
Whether it is illustrative thoughts on the moon or the allegory of the window in a concrete jungle, celebrated wordsmith Gulzar brings them up in all his poetry. He says the mind of a poet should be well-versed with reality to give creative thoughts a voice in poetry.
Gulzar’s introduction to what is now the concrete jungle of Mumbai happened after the partition of 1947.
He started his career with music director S.D. Burman (lovingly known as Burman Dada) as a lyricist in the 1963 film Bandini and worked with many music directors including R. D. Burman, Salil Chowdhury, Vishal Bhardwaj and A. R. Rahman. He directed films such as Aandhi and Mausam during the 1970s and the TV series Mirza Ghalib in the 1980s. He also directed Kirdaar in 1993.
Gulzar also writes poetry, dialogues and scripts. He was awarded Padma Bhushan, the third-highest civilian award in India, the Sahitya Akademi Award and the Dadasaheb Phalke Award — the highest award in Indian cinema. He has won several Indian National Film Awards, 20 Filmfare Awards, one Academy Award (Oscar) for best original song Jai ho from the Hollywood film Slumdog Millionaire and one Grammy Award.
As the lyricist, his latest work includes Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Dedh Ishqiya, Haider, Drishyam, Talvar and Mirzya.
The event is being presented by Heart and Soul Productions, Sydney and is locally managed by UA International, Auckland.
It will indeed be a privilege to watch him live in Auckland. An opportunity comparable to a pilgrimage doesn’t come every day so seize it while you can.
For sponsorship or event related queries, call Umesh Sharma – +64 21 111 1055. For information or issues related to tickets and Ticket Bazaar, or to buy tickets on phone, call Swati Sharma +64 9 217 3623
International Promoters: Heart and Soul Productions Pty Ltd., Sydney
The promoters of Heart and Soul Productions, Arun Nanda and Rushi Dave, are Indian-born Australian citizens, who are passionate about music and theatre with an eye for detail in producing high-quality entertainment events and promoting performing arts.
Contact: Rushi Dave: +61 413 806 425 | Arun Nanda: +61 401 230 046
Heart and Soul Productions is supported by a highly competent and self-motivated team of creative musicians, Master of Ceremonies, Directors, Photographers, Sound Technologists, Lighting Specialists and coordinators.
Auckland Event Managed by: UA International(NZ) Ltd
Elderly people or people with wheelchairs, please use Gate 2 for parking. Entry for others is from Gate 4.
Terms of entry to the show: Guftagu with Gulzar Saab (AUCKLAND)
1. Gates to auditorium open at 7.00 PM. Show will start at 7.30 PM sharp.
2. Please bring printed tickets with you.
3. Parking available. Elderly people or people with wheelchairs, please use Gate 2 for parking. Entry for others is from Gate 4.
4. Smoking is NOT permitted anywhere in the premises of the auditorium, OR any part of the school grounds.
5. NO ALCOHOL permitted anywhere in the premises of the building, OR any part of the school grounds.
6. Food and drinks are not allowed inside the auditorium.
7. Any sort of photography and videography inside the auditorium is strictly prohibited. Non-compliant will be asked to leave the auditorium.
8. Mobile phones to be switched off or left on silent during the show.
9. Kids under 8 years old are not recommended for this show.
10. Entry to the show is reserved as per the Promoters’ discretion.
11. Timings /dates/venue of the show are subject to change as per the promoters’ discretion due to any unforeseen circumstances.